Saturday 20 June 2009

I do like to be beside the seaside...

The Carbon Copy and I are off on a road trip - no, wait, that needs capital letters - a Road Trip next week. We're Youth Hostelling through Devon and Cornwall, enjoying the great outdoors and also enjoying driving when the great outdoors proves too damp. It's my first big driving expedition, and Our Vicar's Wife has prophesied death at every corner - but hopefully I'll be back to see you by the end of June.

But, if Blogger manages to overcome my natural Luddite-ness (or, potentially, Luddism), it will feel like I didn't go. I have a few book reviews to write this week, and I'm going to try and set up the blog so that it releases posts as intervals during the week. Chances are it won't work, but you never know, I might surprise myself.

So where are we going? Beer (which neither us of drink), River Dart, Okehampton, and Golant (which is Daphne du Maurier country). I have a pile of books to take with me, but no camera to show them to you. I'll give you a picture when I get back, and let you know that the first one off the pile is Parents and Children by Ivy Compton-Burnett.

Here goes on setting up the rest of the posts for this week...

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with it Simon, this whole pre-posting is fairly easy on blogger normally but for me it all went completely wrong meaning me and blogger fell out hence the move! Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip! And I do hope the progressive posting works--I would miss your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are tooo cute. Have a wonderful trip with your Carbon Copy...I will be pining for your next post!

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.